Learn to sew from a commercial pattern in this beginner class where you get to choose the pattern you’ll make. This class will cover proper fabric layout, cutting and marking techniques, basic garment construction and seam finishing. We will provide a list of recommended beginner sewing patterns including skirts, tops, dresses and pajamas. Students must purchase a pattern from the recommended list.
In order to give you a solid foundation, Week One will cover:
– An overview of how to read a pattern and select your size.
– Making basic pattern adjustments prior to cutting.
– How to lay out and cut your fabric. Discussion on grainline,
directional print /nap.
– Interfacing. What it is and how it’s used.
– How to transfer markings to your pattern
– Basic sewing techniques: How to baste, stay stitch, gather stitch,
understitch. How to sew a dart, how to press a seam.
Starts Wednesday November 8, 6-9pm
This garment sewing class is six 3-hour sessions,
that meets every Wednesday until December 6th
$360 – REGISTER HERE
Instructor : Kristiann Boos
Prerequisite : We recommend our beginner sewing class, Sewing Machine Essentials or equivalent experience. Students should know how to thread a sewing machine to take this class.
Explore our class photos and share your own! #workroomBeginnerPatternSewing